The SPHERE Workshop applies a systemic non-linear analytic method to review and understand a range of healthcare events. It is particularly useful in the analysis of critical incidents and other serious events involving unintentional patient harm. The approach also provides significant learning when applied to less urgent healthcare events.
The SPHERE Workshop will be of interest to a wide range of individuals including:
- Direct care providers (nurses, physicians, technicians) seeking to gain a better understanding of healthcare events
- Unit managers/ team leaders/clinical leaders
- Nursing and Medical Directors and Managers
- Quality and Safety Staff and Managers
- Healthcare risk managers
- Leaders involved in quality, patient safety, and risk management